We’re half-way through 2012, so I thought it would be a good time to take a look at the books and see what people have been interested in checking out. With all of the great based-on-comic-book films hitting the theaters this summer, I decided to first check out graphic novels. A quick run of the numbers showed that the top most circulating titles – the titles you are interested in – all center on superheroes! Ok, that really wasn’t much of a surprise; I mean really, who doesn’t like a superhero?! If you would like to check out a few of the popular titles, take a look at the list:
- The Incredible Hulks : heart of the monster , New York : Marvel, c2011.
- Fantastic Four. [Vol. 4, Three] , New York : Marvel, c2011.
- X-Force. Vol. 2, Old ghosts , New York : Marvel, c2009.
- Ultimate comics : Avengers vs. New Ultimates : death of Spider-Man, New York : Marvel, c2012.
- Ultimate Spider-Man : [death of Spider-Man] , New York : Marvel, c2011.
- Fall of the Hulks : [prelude] , New York : Marvel, c2010.
- Brightest day. Volume 3 , New York : DC Comics, c2011.
- Flashpoint , New York, N.Y : DC Comics, c2011.
- Hulk. Volume 5, Fall of the Hulks , New York : Marvel, c2010.
- World war Hulk : X-Men, New York : Marvel Comics, c2008.
– Cassie V., Children’s Services Librarian at CADL Downtown Lansing
Believe it or not, it looks likely that sometime in the near future your library will start carrying comic books. This would work and look very similar to what your library already does with magazines. There are still a few details to work out however, and one of them brings me to the topic of this post.
What types of comic books would interest you? We have a large list of titles we are already considering, but frankly, this list is largely based on the comics that I would like to read. While this sounds great to me, it might not be the best way to spend our entire comic budget. We would like to know what comic titles you would like us to start collecting. Are you a super hero fan, or do you prefer Manga? Maybe you like humorous comics, or something more dramatic. Just for a frame of reference I will list some examples of titles that we are considering. However, keep in mind that this is just a quick list based on what I enjoy, and we want to change it to reflect what you want to see.
-The Walking Dead
-Y the Last Man
-World War Hulk
-World of Warcraft
f you have ever wanted to have some direct influence over what materials your library purchases now is your chance. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the comments field to tell us what types of comics you would be interested in reading at your library. Better yet, give us the names of some specific titles or series you would like us to purchase and you just might find them on the shelf at your library very soon.