It’s March and that means it’s Reading Month. Reading Month isn’t just for kids, adults can join in on the fun too. CADL’s Online Catalog can help you do just that. Not only does our catalog have the tools to help you find the books you want to read, but it can also help you keep track of the books you check out from CADL. This feature of our catalog is called “Reading History.” Reading History is just one of the many catalog tools that help make reading fun for adults. It eliminates one of the most common questions many adult readers ask, “Have I read this one already?”
To access this feature, all you need to do is visit the CADL online catalog at opac.cadl.org, or you can click on the link Catalog at our homepage, www.cadl.org. Once you’re at the catalog, the first step is accessing your account.
- Click on the Sign In To Your Accout button in the upper right hand corner of the webpage.
- Type in your last name, library card number and password.
- Click send
If it’s your first time accessing your online account please visit https://opac.cadl.org/screens/help_login.html for more information on how to make a password.
Turning on Your Reading History
- Click View Your Previous Check Outs
- Click Enable Reading History
- The catalog will then start keeping track from that point forward.
To Turn Off Your Reading History
- All items must be deleted first. Click on Delete All on your Reading History Page.
- Click Disable Reading History
For more information on Reading History, please visit our Reading History Help page.
– Jeff A., CADL Public Services Librarian