It’s been awhile since we’ve shared details about the resources available in the library and online for staying informed about health topics. Since we’re always adding new titles — books, magazines, databases, ebooks — now’s a good time to make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest CADL offers.
- New books — print and electronic — are ordered frequently and our online catalog contains 8 different lists of new items to check out or place on hold.
- CADL offers electronic reference (eReference) books. They can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any internet enabled device.
- The Gale Virtual Reference Library provides information in 16 subjects including Medicine, Environment and Multicultural Studies.
- In terms of magazines we have titles such as Consumer Reports on Health, Men’s Health, Prevention, Yoga Journal, Cure and Diabetes Forecast.
- For anyone doing research – personal or professional, and needing current journal or newspaper articles, our databases are the best option. Click Research Tools on our homepage then select Magazine Articles or News & Newspapers. These databases are fantastic resources. Many of them are updated every 24 hours and some contain millions of articles dating back to 1980.
Not sure how to use these resources or which ones may best fit your information need? Just ask a staff person. We’d be happy to show (off!) these resources.
-Eunice B., CADL Reference Librarian